• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small claims court.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small claims court.

Hi this is my first post & I desperately hope someone can advise me.

I recently had a new combi- boiler & central heating installed at a cost of £2,600 but the plumber came upon an underground water leak (under concrete) and he had to to route the downstairs pipes. For doing this he charged me an extra £1,000. Total £3,600. He wanted me to pay the bill before all the heating was working properly. I wasn't happy about this but I agreed to pay him half. His wife got on the phone demanding the money in full from me in a very aggressive way. Then she made derogatory remarks about me on facebook which she later deleted..

Anyway he came to do the re pipe but as you can imagine the atmosphere was 'cool'

The work is so shoddy I almost cried.

I have contacted the consumer help line but have not found them very helpful other than to send me a template of a letter for me to send to him asking for compensation or as they call it 'price reduction' I have to give him 2 weeks to answer then I can take him to the small claims court.

What I want to know is how do I go about taking him to the small claims court and how much will it cost? I must add I am almost 80 years old & my husband has Alzheimers and I really don't need this stress but I hate to be taken advantage of and hope to get justice for myself if I can with your help.

Thank you.

Here is what an ex plumber friend of mine had to say.

[Quote]
    Carol please contact CAB, they will have the right phone numbers.

In my opinion the chap that has done your pipe work needs a kick up the Arse. You have pipes coming through a wall without any sleeves on them. Then he has left you with holes that are not filled and made good. Very low workmanship. Please do not get them boxed in before having a professional Plumbing engineer inspecting them.
    [End of Quote]

I have pictures but this forum has not allowed me to post any attachments.

Tags: None

pipes.1.jpgpipes.2.jpgpipes.3.jpg

Trying again to post pictures.

Comment

I have some experience with this problem, Our Grandaughter had a similar leak, thankfully covered by insurance, all floor had to be taken up, next our Son had to have the boiler replaced the cost of the boiler was in the region of £1,300 that included VAT strange as he paid us a visit yesterday, he now has to have a qualified gas certified contractor to install, sorry to say your installation is terrible, call in a reputable company an get a report prior to claiming for damages and return of part of you money, I notice you paid half DONT pay any more.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X