• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Provident & Lowell CCJ is it still recoverable ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provident & Lowell CCJ is it still recoverable ?

Good afternoon everyone.

This is an interesting one so I will sumarise as best I can:

2014 Defaulted on a Provident loan £1275

2014 Provident sold debt to Lowell

2017 Lowell submitted and succeeded with CCJ for £3013

2019 finally started paying CCJ at £20 per month

2022 Debt fully written off under the Provident unaffordable lending compensation scheme

2022 Lowell now still demanding payment of the entire debt

I'm my mind I believe that if the CCJ was still valid it would now be set aside as the original debt is now written off therefore leaving no debt to be recovered, after speaking to the Provident team that deals with this scheme thing they have also said that Lowell have nothing to chase me for however won't put anything in writing.

I have seen online in moneysavingexpert forums that some people have now succeeded in getting Lowell to wipe the debt and to also, redund the costs they added I just have no idea what to say or tell them.

Any help would be great, you guys always know your s*it

Thanks,
    Andy
    Tags: None

Hi Andy,

It was odd reading your message, as I am in exactly the same position!

Are you any further forward with this?

Lowell don't want to know in my case.

Comment

Hi I'm in the same boat in regards to this just had a lovely man (not)at Lowell tell me I have to pay I tried to explain it he kept cutting me off and saying debt is with us and not provident and sighing at me. When I read the letter he told me oh so you mean we are a third party I was like yes so what's going to happen he was just like we need proof to investigate this honestly so annoying and stressful

Comment

Hi, same thing here, I have written to lowell that they should not only refund me but remove it from my file. According to the Provident notification, lowell confirmed the balance written off and it had been taken off my record, however lowell is claiming otherwise, I told them I will not only raise an ombudsman case but also seek legal assistance for which all cost will be passed on to them. I see them ending up like provident soon.

Comment

Lowell Solicitors are using a process of putting together all Provident claims to the County Business Court to await for a judge to set aside all CCJ. I will try to explain below.

In my case the Provident CCJ was satisfied back in November 2022 and I have been fighting ever since to get it removed from my credit file. I made a complaint against Lowell Solicitors about their lack of proper procedure to inform me that the CCJ was satisfied which was upheld.

I have been in touch with the County Business Court who have not had any communication with Lowell Solicitors to set aside the CCJ. Lowell have a internal document that has not been sent to defendants that confirms that the CCJ should be cancelled.

Today I submitted a SAR to Lowell Solicitors which should give me all the communication between Lowell and the County Business Court.

I also submitted a complaint to FCA to seek financial recovery of the extra charges and interest Lowell Solicitors placed on the original debit.

Comment

Originally posted by Brummymike View Post
            Lowell Solicitors are using a process of putting together all Provident claims to the County Business Court to await for a judge to set aside all CCJ. I will try to explain below.

In my case the Provident CCJ was satisfied back in November 2022 and I have been fighting ever since to get it removed from my credit file. I made a complaint against Lowell Solicitors about their lack of proper procedure to inform me that the CCJ was satisfied which was upheld.

I have been in touch with the County Business Court who have not had any communication with Lowell Solicitors to set aside the CCJ. Lowell have a internal document that has not been sent to defendants that confirms that the CCJ should be cancelled.

Today I submitted a SAR to Lowell Solicitors which should give me all the communication between Lowell and the County Business Court.

I also submitted a complaint to FCA to seek financial recovery of the extra charges and interest Lowell Solicitors placed on the original debit.
            Hi Brummymike

Welcome to LB

If you've followed Lowell's Complaints procedure, have a deadlock / final response, then lodge a complaint with the FOS.

Unfortunately, the FCA won't look into individual cases, they log complaint, to take future action if numbers are high.

Comment

Hi ECHAT11

I did submit a complaint to FOS not the FCA as mentioned in my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Me501 View Post
                Hi, same thing here, I have written to lowell that they should not only refund me but remove it from my file. According to the Provident notification, lowell confirmed the balance written off and it had been taken off my record, however lowell is claiming otherwise, I told them I will not only raise an ombudsman case but also seek legal assistance for which all cost will be passed on to them. I see them ending up like provident soon.
                Hi ME501,

Did you manage to get this resolved?

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Hi Brummymike

Welcome to LB

If you've followed Lowell's Complaints procedure, have a deadlock / final response, then lodge a complaint with the FOS.

Unfortunately, the FCA won't look into individual cases, they log complaint, to take future action if numbers are high.
                  Good news!

The High Courts of Justice have sent me a court sealed document that states the CCJ is to be set aside within 28 days. Lowell also sent a letter of confirmation.

Happy days.

Comment

Good news!

The High Courts of Justice have sent me a court sealed document that states the CCJ is to be set aside within 28 days. Lowell also sent a letter of confirmation.

Happy days.
                    That's good news, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Handy Andy View Post
                      Good afternoon everyone.

This is an interesting one so I will sumarise as best I can:

2014 Defaulted on a Provident loan £1275

2014 Provident sold debt to Lowell

2017 Lowell submitted and succeeded with CCJ for £3013

2019 finally started paying CCJ at £20 per month

2022 Debt fully written off under the Provident unaffordable lending compensation scheme

2022 Lowell now still demanding payment of the entire debt

I'm my mind I believe that if the CCJ was still valid it would now be set aside as the original debt is now written off therefore leaving no debt to be recovered, after speaking to the Provident team that deals with this scheme thing they have also said that Lowell have nothing to chase me for however won't put anything in writing.

I have seen online in moneysavingexpert forums that some people have now succeeded in getting Lowell to wipe the debt and to also, redund the costs they added I just have no idea what to say or tell them.

Any help would be great, you guys always know your s*it

Thanks,
                      Andy
                      Good news!

The High Courts of Justice have sent me a court sealed document that states the CCJ is to be set aside within 28 days. Lowell also sent a letter of confirmation. I presume you would fall under the same claim that will set aside any historical CCJ as it was Lowell themselves who summited the application to the high courts.

Happy days.

Comment

How do you claim the money baxj
                        frowm
                        lowel

Comment

Originally posted by Phillups View Post
                          How do you claim the money baxj
                          frowm
                          lowel
                          No money claimed back unfortunately.

The CCJ that was placed on my credit file back in 2018 by Lowell will be removed shortly.

If you are part of the same claim submitted to the high court then Lowell should have written to you with the court papers.

Comment

Good news!

Happy days.
                            I can now officially say that the CCJ has gone from my credit file today. I used Checkmyfile where it was showing yesterday but today it has disappeared.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X