• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot financial/Nolans solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot financial/Nolans solicitors

Hi

New to the forum so may take a wee bit of getting used too.

My wife and I had a DAS that we've recently completed but today I've received a statement of account telling me I still owe several thousand pounds on a debt Cabot bought from HBOS.

This debt was part of the DAS so should I just ignore or contact my DAS arranger.

Regards
    Tags: None

give us some information as to the case ? detail all no names or numbers

Comment

6 years ago I entered into a Debt Arrangement Scheme due to running into large debt (18000), all my creditors were written to through the Debt management company and agreed to the conditions. HBOS was one of the highest debts (£10000) but still agreed.
      We made sure all payments to the Debt management company were on time throughout including during lockdown.
      During lockdown HBOS sold on the debt to Cabot Financial which we found strange at the time.
      We finished the DAS approximately 2 months ago with both the Debt management and DAS company confirming all debts and agreements had been paid off.
      Now I've received a letter from Nolans Solicitors on behalf of Cabot that I'm still due them £4600.
      I was just wanting to know if I should ignore it or contact the company that dealt with my DAS
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter send to nolans for (Cabot) free of charge get free proof posting

echat11 may comment also so wait just in case

Comment

I would contact the company that dealt with the DAS.

There is another thing, but do the above first.

Comment

Thank you Echat, I'll contact them ASAP

Comment

I've emailed the DAS company with a copy of the letter Cabot/Nolans have sent me. They've replied saying it can take up to 20 days to respond *♂️

Comment

My DAS company have replied and they are dealing with it. They have sent a letter to Cabots agents Nolans reiterating that my DAS has been completed.
                I'd like to thank you both echat11 and MIKE770 for your help

Comment

If you get any further nonsense, raise a Formal Complaint and follow their complaints procedure.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X