• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Debs
    Thank you for uploading those images. I can see them still,
    but I have unapproved them because your name and address was showing. I will now review them properly and reply to you tomorrow with my thoughts. I will delete the posts when I’m finished to protect your privacy. Cel
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Good morning Celestine thank you so much for looking at this for me and all your help

Deb

Comment

Good afternoon Celestine, I hate to be a bother on a Sunday but I just wondered if I still have enough time to put my defence in? And what to write in it too? Thank you again for all your help.

Deb

Comment

Example Defence adjust to your case

Comment

Thank you, so I just fill this in (adjusted to my case) then send to PRA and the courts?

Thank you for all your help

Comment

Good morning, I hope you are well. I have a couple of questions please and thank you

1. Do you have to file an amended defence via a N244 2. Do the court have to accept an amended defence and is there a min no of days notice you have to give (before the court date). Also, can anyone read through the doc for you if you fill it in today/this eve?

Comment

Hi Debs - Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying. The credit agreement you have supplied is NOT typical
                of a 2005 agreement. Firstly the APR rate of 12.99% is not the advertised rate for that year.
                More importantly, on the page where it states the charges for breaches, such as late payment, over limit fees etc are all £12. The penalty fees only went down to £12 (from £30-40) after an investigation by the OFT into penalty fees. This report was published in April 2006 and thereafter all fees dropped to £12.
                This is not a true 2005 credit card agreement in my opinion, so defend on the basis of non compliance with CCA 1974 s.78

https://assets.publishing.service.go...445/oft842.pdf
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Good morning ,

Thank you so much, so so I put that all in an N244? As per my 2 questions above. Thanks Celestine :-)

Comment

Hi Celestine,

I'm so sorry to bother you again, I'm literally worried sick and you and your team have helped me so much, I don't feel I have anywhere else to go (sorry).

I have to submit my N244 application tomorrow and I am sinking in a legal sea :-( I think I have navigated the template (and deleted the points not relevant) but i am worried I have done it wrong and the court will see an error that I can't and as such I will have wasted the £275 fee (I've borrowed the money from a friend) and failed with my defence. My husband is writing out the evidence on to the N244 as I type this to you. I know you provide this great service free and you and your team are clearly inundated with requests for help but I wondered if someone can proof read my completed N244 before I email it over to the court. If this is not possible, at such short notice, is there any other organisation you can recommend to help me? My court date is 19.4.22 and the court employee I spoke with today said I need to move very fast as there is a weekend and 2 bank holidays in between and the judge may not admit my new defence :-/

Deb x

Comment

I'll give Celestine a shout for you.

Comment

EXC I think time has defeated me for a review of what i propose to send in. Could you or a nominated colleague clarify a couple of things for me please:

Do I have to prove the interest rate and fees on the reconstituted agreement is incorrect?
                        If I do, how can I prove there are errors/omissions?

I'm struggling in how to word that (See post from Celeste beginning "Hi Debs - Please"

Finally, Am I right in thinking my defence is purely based on non compliance - CCA 1974s 78 and I don't need to diverse to the fact the Credit Agreement was likely signed pre 2007?

The court have suggested i should submit my completed N244 by 1pm today :-(

Thank you in anticipation

Deb

Comment

I'm not sure if Celestine is around at the moment and she would be the best person to advise but in general you don't have to 'prove' anything in a defence as such. Your defence just identifies and summarises your defence grounds. I would include any potential ground. Don't worry too much about the wording, courts give litigants in person leeway.

Comment

a) Do I have to prove the interest rate and fees on the reconstituted agreement is incorrect?
                            If I do, how can I prove there are errors/omissions?

I don't think you need to prove or entertain anything on the 'Reconstituted Agreement', because they should provide the Original Agreement, which they haven't done (because it's pre 2007).

I'm struggling in how to word that (See post from Celeste beginning "Hi Debs - Please"

b) Finally, Am I right in thinking my defence is purely based on non compliance - CCA 1974s 78 and I don't need to diverse to the fact the Credit Agreement was likely signed pre 2007?

As above.

I think the following should be sufficient, then you can prepare for the hearing, do some research regards pre 2007 agreements etc.

'The Claimant has not complied with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 s.78. The Creditor has failed to provide the requested documentation under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 s.78'.

Comment

At the hearing this is what you need to research and expand on, I'm sure Celestine will provide more input.

Basically because the agreement was taken out pre 2007, they should provide the original agreement.

Even if the reconstituted agreement was acceptable (they've provided that), they have failed to provide a reconstituted agreement which would be acceptable under the CCA 1974 Act.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X