• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Good Afternoon - advice following win in SCC and possible section 75 claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Afternoon - advice following win in SCC and possible section 75 claim

Hello, I managed to win a case against a storage company in the civil court regarding a storage company who damaged many items whilst in the storage company's care and failed to return some of my possessions. I claimed for the missing items and a refund of the storage costs using the argument that the services I paid for were not provided with reasonable care and skill under the Consumer Rights act 2015. The defendant and his company were therefore negligent and in breach of contract.
    The Judge agreed that I should be compensated for my losses for the missing items but did not agree that I should be able to have any reimbursement of the storage fees.

Initially I approached my credit card company for a claim under section 75 for the storage fees to be reimbursed but they said that they would need to wait for the court case to be completed. Is it worth me going back to them now to see if I have a valid claim with them or is it a waste of time as the Judge did not allow it?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Hi NIWAK15

Go back to the Credit Card company, there are time limits to claim Section 75. Credit Card company will play 'hardball'.

Continue the Claim (existing claim as it was in time), see what they say, you will need to be determined. Depending on what they say, if you are still unhappy, ask for a final response, then you can lodge a complaint against the Credit Card company with the FOS.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi NIWAK15

Go back to the Credit Card company, there are time limits to claim Section 75. Credit Card company will play 'hardball'.

Continue the Claim (existing claim as it was in time), see what they say, you will need to be determined. Depending on what they say, if you are still unhappy, ask for a final response, then you can lodge a complaint against the Credit Card company with the FOS.
      Many Thanks for the advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X