• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bradfield Road Car Park, Sheffield - Parking fine / Country Court Claim received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradfield Road Car Park, Sheffield - Parking fine / Country Court Claim received

Hello

Ive received a County Court claim from a Highview managed car park in 2016. I have requested a SAR and CPR from the legal company dealing with the claim and have Acknowledged the request via MCOL.

I am now in the process of getting together my defence and wanting to add detail to the template letter. When searching this forum for any other claims re Bradfield Road car park I came across the following thread. Can someone please advise whether or not I can use the part of this thread as part of my defence - the part about no permission obtained for signage? ostell had replied to this previous thread.

Many thanks for any advice provided

18th February 2022, 12:29:PM
    Originally posted by Jack1996 View Post
    Following on from this, I have contacted the local council via FOI and these are the questions I asked alongside their answers. Is this a reasonable defence? Thanks

Dear Jack Hampson,

Thank you for your request for information relating to ANPR cameras in the car park situated on Bradfield Road, Sheffield which we received on 29/04/2021.

Please find Sheffield City Council’s response to your request set out below:

Highview parking Ltd manage a car park situated on Bradfield Road, Sheffield S6 2BW.

1)Has planning permission and/or consent been applied for to erect ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) camera's and also Signage that are on this car park?
    There is no record on our system relating to an application for the erection of ANPR cameras at this site.

2)If permission/consent was obtained,can you tell me the application number?
    N/A

3)If permission/consent has not been obtained,what will the council do to remedy the situation?
    We do not hold this information. Please note that the Freedom of Information Act provides access to recorded information; there is no requirement for the Council to create information, answer hypothetical or speculative questions, or provide advice or opinions in response to a request.

4)Who is the landowner of this car park?
    The requested information, including accurate property/land ownership details, is available via the Land Registry at the following link: https://eservices.landregistry.gov.u...=p_search_link. This service provides a map search which may assist you in identifying the information you are hoping to obtain.

We note there is a small cost to access the ownership details; however, even though a cost is levied, this information is still accessible by other means, and therefore it is exempt from disclosure under Section 21(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

5)What date(if known)were the camera's installed?
    We do not know when the cameras/signage were erected

6)What date(if known) were the signage erected?
    We do not know when the cameras/signage were erected

7) What is the maximum stay for this car park when planning permission was approved?
    We do not hold this information.

Hi there

Just got a fine from 2016 from Bradfield road, sent in my SAR and just acknowledged the arrival of the paperwork - in regards to the above, did you use this in your defence and if so, can you tell me exactly what you did? Hoping for the same outcome.

Thanks so much
    Tags: None

I've received a letter of claim from dcblegal regarding parking fine from Highview Parking Limited asking for 170£. To me that looks like a fraud because I have not had any tickets or letters from this private land parking company informing me that a parking fine was issued and I have not moved anywhere for the last few years. I was not provided with any evidence, they just ask for 170£ out of ''blue''! Looks like we are a big group of people with a similar issue related to the same car park in Sheffield, which is concerning. To me that looks like a new type of fraud and money stealing. Also it is concerning that an unscrupulous company has my personal data from DVLA. Please anyone who has same problem get in touch. That might be a police matter for fraud investigation!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X