• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

my dads will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my dads will

Please can you advise my dad passed away and left everything to his girlfriend who has lived with him for 15 years, he named her as his benefinary. He named me as an executor and one of her children I was given a leaflet by my dad when he was alive and was to call the number and give a code when he passed which I did. They advised me that the other executor (her child) had already requested the will. I said I would like a copy as well but he advised that my dads partner was the benefinary and her child was an executor there was no need for me to have a copy (I queried this and the girlfriend advised me I was a backup executor). The girlfriend was on the deeds to his house which shocked me as she didn't contribute to his mortgage which was paid in full before the time he died this was done two years into their relationship. My dad had advised his wishes were that his partner was to live in the home until her death then it would be sold and split between his children and her children (his girlfriend was sat there when my dad told me his wishes). His girlfriend advised straight after my dads death they were JUST my dads wishes and his will would be void as soon as his death and that as the house was now solely in her name she was only leaving it to her children only, she has not given any of his belongings to his children and said we can have a box of things when she dies. When she divorced her ex husband she split the shares of her house with her children and moved into my dads house she also was emptying my dads bank every time money went in as it was safer in the house she advised (I know why she was doing it as my dads accounts would have been frozen after his death) there was no probate as all left to the girlfriend after his death as the named benefinary. My dad was of sound mind but not educated and would never of understood anything he was signing or agreeing to he would have just agreed for a quiet life. Its a year since his death and I'm still angry about it, my dad worked hard all his life for someone to come and have it after 15 years when he loved all his children and would not be happy if he knew this was the outcome. We had no input into his covid funeral either, hopefully if I finally get a confirmed answer I can finally grieve.
    Tags: None

Are you sure there WAS a will? You can check online at the government website and also for probate. If there was a will, there would have been probate. You can also check with the Land Registry online, to see who is the owner of the property; there may be a charge for this. If the house was left to your father's girlfriend in his will, there would have had to have been the transfer of ownership to her in the form of an 'assent', and this would give you the date of the transfer. Hope this may be of some help.

Comment

Land registry website: https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...-land-registry
      search cost £3

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X