• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Leasehold extension worries - Should I negotiate???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leasehold extension worries - Should I negotiate???

Hi legal eagles (one of my favourite films!)

I am extending my lease through the 'informal route'. The freeholders solicitor gave me a copy of part of the surveyor's report which I paid for but they instructed. Can I assume this surveyor's report as to be fair or fair enough? What was on the bit they didn't give me!

The freeholders solicitor said they will Grant the Lease and submit to Land Registry. Do I need anything else done (ie dead of substitute security to mortgage lender) or can i get the freeholders solicitor to do it?

I guess i am trying to keep costs down I am already paying the following for a tiny one bed flat:

£7250 valuation price
    £750 freeholders add on for agreeing to informal route (ie a sweetener)
    ~£1000 freeholders solicitor fees).

Should i negotiate? Am i going to get shafted in any way? Do i really need to instruct my own solicitor as well as all these costs?

Any help really appreciated.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X