• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is my ex going to end up being paid twice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my ex going to end up being paid twice?

Hi, Property and divorce advice needed: my wife and I are divorcing. We live in a house that is in my name. She has paid half of the mortgage for the last few years. I am selling and intended to give her half of the profits after the balance of the mortgage and my deposit have been subtracted. However, she has also got a property which she has rented out since she has been living in my house. Have I got any right to the income from her property? It seems to me that she is going to get paid twice: once by getting her contribution to my mortgage back from me, and also from the rental income she has received on her property. Has anyone got any advice? Is there a clear precedent for this situation? Thank you.
    Tags: None

In my opinion for what its worth, get Divorced and move on, it will cost more grief than its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
      In my opinion for what its worth, get Divorced and move on, it will cost more grief than its worth.
      "The flower that smiles to-day

To-morrow dies;

All that we wish to stay

Tempts and then flies.

What is this world's delight?

Lightning that mocks the night,

Brief even as bright."

I've just bought a ring with "carpe diem" engraved on it. But I also want a quick slice of justice if I can get it!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMutley View Post
        Hi, Property and divorce advice needed: my wife and I are divorcing. We live in a house that is in my name. She has paid half of the mortgage for the last few years. I am selling and intended to give her half of the profits after the balance of the mortgage and my deposit have been subtracted. However, she has also got a property which she has rented out since she has been living in my house. Have I got any right to the income from her property? It seems to me that she is going to get paid twice: once by getting her contribution to my mortgage back from me, and also from the rental income she has received on her property. Has anyone got any advice? Is there a clear precedent for this situation? Thank you.
        There is nothing to stop you trying, but rental payments has been made for sometime, you must of agreed to her keeping the money.

Comment

So the properties are pooled and she gets a part of yours and you get part of hers. Put this to her.

Comment

It's a bit like driving this: there are lost of rules, but sometimes it's not clear which one is the most important! I'm going to have to think this one over for longer. Thank you!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X