• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Accidentally shoplifted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidentally shoplifted

Hi all,

I want to Morrisons today for weekly shop in the morning. And I realised that I have shoplifted around £20 of items after I back home.

Here are my questions:

1. Does Morrisons consistently review CCTV to look for thefts?

2.If in fact I forgot to pay items for several times and Morrisons monitored it and recognised me(as I always wear the same scarf and coat so I think I was easy to recognised), will the security and staff catch me once I enter Morrisons or they have issued my image to police and leave me to the police and keep putting up with me shopping in Morrisons?

3.Will the Image of me published on social media or on TV?

Thank you all for your advices.
    Last edited by HOPELUK; 6th November 2021, 16:50:PM.
    Tags: None

Do you have an existing thread on this site?

Comment

No, this is the first time I use this site. Why do you have this question?

Comment

Could some experienced people help to solve my questions? I appreciate your prompt response.

Comment

Chances are nobody ever looks at the CCTV unless something happens and they need to go back to review it. Most won’t have the time to sit and plug through hours and hours of video just to see if someone shoplifted earlier in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Chances are nobody ever looks at the CCTV unless something happens and they need to go back to review it. Most won’t have the time to sit and plug through hours and hours of video just to see if someone shoplifted earlier in the day.
            https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ng-in-morrison

Comment

Hi DSE8,
              Thank you for your reply. (Q1)Do you mean that no one is sitting in front of the CCTV constantly monitoring the scene? And also may I ask you to reply my each of the questions as I am still worried. Apologise for the inconvenience.

Q2If in fact I didn’t pay for the second round of items for several times and Morrisons monitored it and recognised me(as I always wear the same scarf and coat so I think I was easy to recognised), will the security and staff catch me once I enter Morrisons or they have issued my image to police and leave me to the police and keep putting up with me shopping in Morrisons?

Q3Will the Image of me published on social media or on TV?

Cheers,
              Luk

Comment

I'm sorry, but your post is one big block, and I find it difficult to read.

However we often receive posts from peeps who have inadvertently made a mistake.
                Stores make a big notice of their CCTV coverage, and what they will do to people caught shoplifting.

Trawling through hours of cctv coverage is very expensive and often is not good enough or sufficient to prosecute thieves
                so those notices are more of a deterrent than anything else.

I would be surprised if Morrisons had identified you as a shoplifter, no matter what you were wearing, and they certainly won't be publishing photo all over the media. Just think back... how many photos of suspected shoplifters have you ever seen?

Comment

Hi DES8,
                  Thank you for replying me patiently. I have searched the topic "shoplifted" on this site but almost all of them have been caught on the day and https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ng-in-morrison this is the only one seem to have the similar situation with me but I don't know his final conclusion so I am worried. I did research about 'image released of shoplifters ' and all of them are published by police and there were not more than 10 in recent years. So the conclusion is I don't need to worry at all and nothing is gonna to happen on me(Hope to reply truly without comforting me )?
                  Cheers

Comment

Nothing is going to happen to you.
                    Just be careful in the future.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X