• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT excess charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT excess charges

After returning vehicle following VT I received charges for alleged damage, costs at £1700, I had the car for 2 and half years, it is 8 years old, I paid £300 using a template on here, they are now threatening to sell the alleged debt to a collection company, the car had no damage, few minor scratches. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Tags: None

The Finance Company will have a complaints policy. Write / email a Formal Letter of Complaint, they have to investigate your complaint. They have 8 weeks to come back to you with a response. If you remain unhappy with their response, then lodge a complaint with the FOS.

(you should have continued on the original thread, but becomes difficult with other members hijacking it but this is ok)

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Comment

Letter from Vauxhall.pdf Hi Guys, after sending a letter to Vauxhall complaints I have received this from them, my alleged damages has gone up now!!!

Comment

Lodge a complaint with the FOS, but before you do, send the Finance Company a SAR links on the right hand side, put your case together, have you got pictures of car before it was handed back? also include threats to sell debt to DCA.

Comment

Hi, thanks so much for coming back to me, I have pictures of the car before it was handed back, and I will put it all together with the letters/emails I have received from the finance company, on the SAR letter to the finance company, forgive my ignorance, what would I say on this letter?

Again you have been a great help.

Comment

They have 30 days to come back with all the data they hold on your account (make the request as general as possible) it will help you build your case. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Also read 1,2,3,4 and 5, this is for businesses, but there is also tab for consumers. Make sure you read the case studies.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org....it/car-finance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X