• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

witness statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• witness statement

Are there any templates available in relation to rejecting a defendants application to set aside a default judgement?
    Last edited by smintram; 19th October 2021, 10:48:AM.
    Tags: None

You would need to use the correct court form, there will be a fee attached.

Comment

oh....didn't know that. I thought the defendant paid the £255 to apply for the set aside judgement application. I don't fully understand this bit.
      Do the courts send me details of the defendants application, with the option of consenting or rejecting their application? There doesn't appear to be any help out their as to what the claimants, (with the default judgement) should or can do....and no info, as to what happens next.

Comment

The court should inform you, but it's best to be 'aware' and a couple of steps ahead of what's happening, so you a ready, when you need to act. The Handbook will really help you.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thanks...Ill have a read.....I'm doubting if they'll allow the application anyway, as he has no reasonable grounds..only excuses.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X