• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Thieving communcal areas Shared Ownership.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieving communcal areas Shared Ownership.

Hello,

I live in a shared ownership flat that includes the use of a communal bike storage. However, several times now bikes have been stolen from it. Last time they went in by breaking a glass on a door which the housing association says it's being repaired. I believe this is not the approiate action since the thieves will come back and break the glass again. I am also very scared of going into the storage room because of this, I do not feel safe.
    The housing association is not looking into other ways of sorting the problem (like bike shelters or sheds as an extra security measure), nor even changing that door that proved useless.
    I wonder if I can get a discount on my rent since the space has become useless due to the constant thieving or if there is a way to make sure the housing association actually takes the proper measures for us to feel safe and for our bikes to stop getting stolen. We do not have space in the flat to keep a bike and the action taken so far means I can't own a bike.

Thank you in advance for the responses.
    Tags: None

Hi NOCYCLIST

Do other owners who also have bikes think the communal bike storage is substandard and actively wanting to do something about it?

You could approach the Housing Association as a group and make your suggestions, if they don't take your suggestion onboard then you can escalate the complaint first with the Housing Associations complaints procedure. Then if your still not happy and the issues remain, you can make a complaint to the Housing Ombudsman.

https://www.gov.uk/housing-association-homes/complaints

https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X