• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Filing accounts at companies house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing accounts at companies house

Do hope someone can help me. My husbands and sons fellow director who they are in dispute with,has filed a/c ‘s and there is a £500.000 discrepancy in the filing. My husband has refused to sign off the accounts until this discrepancy is altered. This has been going on for 3 months and yesterday he found out that in order to avoid a strike off notice the a/cs have been filed by the director in dispute A. Without his or other directors permission and B.without the 500.000 adjustments made. The director who did this categorically stated on Companies House file that HE has the other directors permission . Isn’t this fraudulent filing ? I am assuming that we must inform Companies House ?
    Tags: None

It is fraudulent, it defeats the whole purpose of filing accounts. It can have consequences.

Here's some info (posted for article) : https://www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/ins...-false-filings

Comment

Thank you so much for this information I’m grateful as you say it must be wrong as what is the point of wrong accounts and I’m not just talking Penny’s but 500.000 out !
      Our accountant is on hols and we tried 6 times on Friday to phone Companies House so tomorrow we will try again to report this. Thank you so much again

Comment

Don't try tomorrow, they will be closed, it's a Bank Holiday. Try Tuesday, but make sure you take the name of the person you speak to, also note the time, get email confirmation of reporting.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X