• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Professional negligence and breach of contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional negligence and breach of contract

Hi, hoping someone can offer advice and guidance.
    I had a grave memorial installed on my father's grave. The memorial mason who installed it completely damaged it ( applied oil to it, which was not part of the contract and then damaged it further by abrasively removing the oil with grinders) - so it is scratched all over and nothing like the memorial we provided to them to install. They are not accepting liability even though the contract is clear as installation only. I will be making a small claims for breach of contract and negligence - just wondering due to the nature of the claim can I seek damages for injury to feelings and distress? It has been so stressful and they drag out the process.
    Tags: None

Not in the small claims you can't

Comment

Hi Skell

Is the mason a member of a association? If so does that association have a ADR scheme that you could complain and hopefully get resolution. The courts will require you to do everything before you turn to them.

Comment

Thanks for the help... on their Website they have a link to NAMM (national association of memorial masons) however they are not member. Although they don't claim to be members, I still found this misleading. They have since removed it. If they were members that would have helped. This company has even threatened to remove the memorial and told me to collect it from his yard and he'd refund the deposit!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X