• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a county court claim around inheritance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not action yet sure others respond y you

Comment

I am sorry I don’t understand your response, what do you mean sure others respond to you thanks

Comment

Other people will have suggestions also

Comment

Do you have a hearing date for this case?

What was the exact wording of the order for exchange of witness statements?
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

The court letter said
            lay witness evidence had to be exchanged by 4 pm on 8 july i have not received anything from the claimant. I have sent the claimant my witness evidence and i know he has it as he has emailed me today to say he has put it in the bin.

regards

Comment

Hearing date is 16 sep

Comment

Have you received his witness evidence yet? This wont stop the hearing but will mean that he will be unable to rely on any late submitted witness evidence at the hearing; which is a very bad idea especially as he is the Claimant. This means his POC will be the only written evidence the Judge can use to understand the facts of the case.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

The court date is this Friday in the court letter dated from June it states the claimant must lodge at court and serve upon the defendant at least 5 working days before the trial a trial bundle in accordance with the CPR 39.5 and accompanying practice direction. I have not received this do i need to do anything. Any advice would be helpful.

Comment

You need do nothing but mention at the hearing that you have not been served with the claimant's witness statement.

He may well have serious problems ahead: https://www.civillitigationbrief.com...ements-late23/

Comment

Thank you as always i will post the outcome of the hearing

Comment

I would check with the Court office whether the claimant has lodged anything with the court. If he has, and you have not been sent anything, inform the court (by email). Put urgent in in the subject line, together with the case no. Ask that your e-mail be drawn to the attention of a judge.
                        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you for your reply

Comment

Update on this case the claimant did nit show up at court due to ill health but said he wanted the hearing to go ahead. The judge dismissed the claim due to lack of evidence from the claimant. Please can you advise if I can claim any costs asi had to do a round trip of 120 miles today manybthanks

Comment

Sorry to give difficult news. You should have asked at the hearing. You might try now, but the Court will probably want you to make a formal application and pay a £245 fee.

Comment

Regarding my post from 26th July 2021, 19:20:PM

I went to county court and the claimant lost his case against me. This was 2 years ago. He has contacted me this week saying he has important documents for me . Not sure what they are yet but my question is . After a claimant looses in a small claims court can they take their claim elsewhere. The case relates to the claimant an ex bother in law of my deceased cousin. My cousin died intestate and I am her only relative I have probate. This ex bother in law is claiming I agreed to give home my cousins money she left in her bank around 18k. There was never any agreement to this either verbal or in writing. My cousin passed in 2016. This has been on going since. Grateful for any advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X