• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mediation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediation

Hi. Been pursued by a car parking company regarding a fine for which we have proven that we were not at fault. Evidence provided on numourous occasions yet not they have filed for fast track mediation small claims. Do we agree and negotiate settlement even if in the right or do we tick take to court? Creating huge stress at the moment and a deadline of Aug 5th.
    Tags: None

The court I understand would expect mediation before action. I would agree, it is not compulsory to reach an agreement. A token payment may cost less in money and stress.

Comment

Why is this fast track? You also mention small claims. It's either one or the other. what is the amount of the claim?

So if you are right why not go to court? If you mediate then you make a drop hands offer in that both sides withdraw and meet their own costs.

Comment

Hi. The fine was £60 then £100. We have proven our case by showing evidence we paid the right amount and we demonstrated the transaction. The company have ignored this and want mediation in an attempt to get something from us. I imagine this is a standard tactic.

Comment

So it's small claims track. I've suggested what you can mediate about.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X