• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

civil recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civil recovery

i am so ashamed of myself to say this but i was caught robbing from a Tesco store today they had the items back in sellable condition and said that we would receive a letter from the rlp .then they said that if we dont pay the balifts could come round .told us we shopped there every day (which we dont) gave it all the big talk said we would owe them something like 500 pounds the police wernt at all involved and they just took names adresses and bank details which was odd and kinda said we were banned which is understandable i just want some advice on what to do next as my dad says i have to pay it but im not sure 100 percent
    Last edited by ego151118; 22nd July 2021, 15:58:PM.
    Tags: None

No you don't have to pay it. The only thing they can claim for is a loss and there has been no loss. The bailiffs can't come round because there has been no court case, and there is not likely to be one. The last time RLP persuaded a client of theirs to try court they went away with their tail between their legs. The judge thoroughly wacked them.

RLP, as a private company, cannot issue fines or penalties.

Here's a link to a discussion about it and the actual court transcript.

Comment

You need to pay nothing.
      RLP set themselves up as a judge and jury and levy charges which they dress up in legalese language.
      They are nothing more than vigilantes and as such should be ignored.
      In spite of what they say in their letters there is no basis in law for their claims, and several years ago they were roundly defeated in court. They haven't been back, but hope by threats they will persuade their victims to pay up

Comment

Great advice from the guys above, RLP once used the Magna Carta (look it up) as justification for their activities, they couldn't even research it correctly, got stuff wrong.

Comment

Thanks it was a stupid mistake from a depressed mentaly unwelll student struggling i really hope that i dont have to pay

Comment

Originally posted by ego151118 View Post
            Thanks it was a stupid mistake from a depressed mentaly unwelll student struggling i really hope that i dont have to pay
            What I would do, is book an appointment with your Health Care Professional, explain that you're not coping well at this time, can he suggest a way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

What I would do, is book an appointment with your Health Care Professional, explain that you're not coping well at this time, can he suggest a way forward.
              i have done that dont worry and im getting the help that i need to get

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X