• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbours from Hell / Anti-Social Behaviour Orders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours from Hell / Anti-Social Behaviour Orders

Hi! So we got called to the Council Today because they have had multiple reports of us playing loud music and arguing in the street.

This came as a complete shock. We protested our innocence but we were told there were statements from more than one person. If they received more complaints an Anti-Social Behaviour Order will be served and we will lose our Council Home.
    • How can we prove that we are NOT playing loud music?
    • How can we proved we are NOT arguing violently in the street?
    • Every council has a clear ASB policy, but I can't find anything about how we can appeal the process or what rights we, as the the perp, have.
    We going to lose our Council Home in the next few weeks. Moving in two years ago gave us a sense of permanency, that renting privately doesn't. And that's going to be taken away from us because I guess the neighbours feel that we don't fit in. It may be a trivial thing for our neighbours but it is monumental for us.

My first thought is to buy a cheap CCTV/DVR and set one up in the hallway facing the front door, and one facing the street. But how can time-stamped screenshots of an empty garden compete with multiple signed statements? And how does it prove we are not playing loud music? That itself won't stop the process.

I'm reaching out because of how urgent this is.

Any help is appreciated - and thank you for your posts!

Edit: spelling

Tags: None

Hi A_Freeman

Ask the Council if time stamped security cameras will be sufficient to prove your innocence. Send them proof that they've been installed. Make sure you get confirmation from them, on every communication you have with them via email.

If they say cameras aren't sufficient, point out that they generate millions from security cameras each year through Penalty Charges - parking.

Comment

A terrible situation but I do not see how you will lose your home "in the next few weeks". Evictions of truly awful people take a long time I believe so this should not happen overnight. Has there been a dispute with neighbours - why do you feel you don't fit in? As above keep everything in writing. Perhaps request dates and times when this is supposed to have happened - can you prove you were elsewhere for example? Have you written to the council denying all the accusations (written, not phoned).

Comment

I think it's all to do with 'perception', your neighbours perception of how you behave will differ greatly to your own, your perception of how your neighbour behaves will greatly differ to their own.

If Meatloaf moved into a council flat, sang his songs 24/7, guaranteed that the social norms would be broken. Lovely guy, it just wouldn't work with the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
          I think it's all to do with 'perception', your neighbours perception of how you behave will differ greatly to your own, your perception of how your neighbour behaves will greatly differ to their own.

If Meatloaf moved into a council flat, sang his songs 24/7, guaranteed that the social norms would be broken. Lovely guy, it just wouldn't work with the majority.
          Agree with Islandgirl, it won't happen overnight. Maybe everything has been blown out of proportion because of the Covid Government Restrictions recently.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X