• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ascent lost payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascent lost payment

Hi, any advice welcome please I have a charge on my house taken over from RBS assigned to Ascent I didn't have a problem paying I owed the money gotta be paid back right. Any way to cut a long story short it's paid however, they seem to have lost payments. I have been contacting them for months phone calls and emails sent copies from my bank showing all payments and still waiting for reply. Last email was 23 June telling me they're looking into it as of today's date zilch so I called them. The answer I got was they were still looking into it and won't commit to when they'll get back to me in fact all I got was "I can't possibly comment ". I am in the process of selling my house and need this charge lifted any ideas how I speed this up. I'm at a complete loss I've proved I've paid in full in fact due to PPI payout which RBS assigned to the debt actually over paid. Surely if they lost the payments its not my problem but its giving me a huge headache right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Hi MABELLE 66

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such.
    Email it to Niall Gilhooley, Cheif Executive Officer at Ascent Debt Collection.
    Explain that you have contacted them multiple times regarding the 'missing payment',
    you have provided proof that the payment was made. Tell them they have 5 days to
    confirm the payment has been made and to remove the 'charge' on the house.
    Tell them after 5 days you will lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Services,
    You will also lodge complaint's with the Financial Conduct Authority and the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the good advice I'll get the wheels in motion.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X