• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

That old Chestnut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That old Chestnut

HI,

I'm Bewitched and have just joined Legal Beagles. Hi everyone

Unfortunately my plight is the same as a lot of people - Vista Print and the illegal taking of money from my account by VP Rewards.com, since June 2008.

I bought a calender and personal post it notes over a year ago - my colleague at work got some business cards and after 5 months told me she was being charged £9.95 by VP Rewards. I looked at my bank account and was relieved to see that I wasn't being charged this amount or by this company. However, in May last year, I purchased something else from Vista Print and paid by bank card - no way did I sign up for anything else or give the right for them to take any money from my account on a monthly basis.

I was looking at my bank statement a few days ago and noticed VP Rewards.com £9.95. I asked my colleague what she had done to get the money back and she said she had rung them and threatened them with a legal letter of complaint if they did not refund all her moneys, as she had not signed up to anything. She got her money refunded.

I have tried ringing Vista Print and get the automated voice which gave me the option to cancel my membership with the card number it has been paid through - which I did - and was told it would be cancelled within 24 hours - I am now waiting to see what happens in March which is when the next one is due out.

I then waited and waited to talk to someone on the 'phone, but it just rang and rang and I kept getting told I would be connected shortly - this never happened.

I also emailed the company and am waiting on a reply - I got an automated reply saying it would take up to 5 working days for me to receive a reply from them.

I spoke to my bank and they said all they could do is to give me a new card and pin number with a different account number and send me a form to report this as fraud - which would cause untold hassles with changing all my legal DDs etc over.

I am not sure where I go from here, but they own me £90.00.

Any ideas - ANYONE!
    Last edited by bewitched; 15th February 2009, 12:04:PM. Reason: Grammar

Re: That old Chestnut

Hello Bewitched and a very warm welcome to Beagles.
    One or two have been caught out with these people, we have a thread all about them, here is a link http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ht=Vista+print Please have a read through and see if anything on there helps you.
    Enaid x

Comment

I spoke to my bank and they said all they could do is to give me a new card and pin number with a different account number and send me a form to report this as fraud - which would cause untold hassles with changing all my legal DDs etc over.
      It shouldn't cause any problems the bank can just transfer them from the old account to the new one.

Comment

Why are they giving you a new card and pin if the money is being paid by DD? Cancel the DD is the answer and request to the bank that they never accept any DD instructions from that company IN WRITING of course.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X