• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Possible Data Protection Breach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Data Protection Breach

Here's one for ya!

I'm in temporary accommodation because of flooding and the agent that manages the place has been really accommodating (deliberate pun, feel free to groan). They've tried to register my little car with the parking app 'Parkmobile' but have come up against a roadblock. I regularly used the same app and have an outstanding issue - several times I've paid for parking using the app then got back to the car and there's been a ticket on the windscreen - so emailed Parkmobile's and asked them to sort the error. They never did, I stopped using the app and paid for parking using the machines in the carparks thereafter.

When the managing agent tried to register my car with Parkmobile they received an email response saying "Unfortunately vehicle registration number XYZ has an outstanding invoice. Can you please provide us with proof of purchase to enable us to add this vehicle to your account." They also forwarded a copy of my account statement to the third party.
    I've never had any correspondence from Parkmobile about my account. They have my bank card details and all payments have been taken automatically but I had a new card issued around this time

The property managing agent has their own account with Parkmobile, so my account status is irrelevant to them. I'm annoyed that Parkmobile have been discussing my personal account with a third party without my knowledge or authority and it's quite embarrassing. My question is:does this contravene GDPR or other data regs? If so, are there any consequences for Parkmobile?

Thanks again, in advance.
    ADDLED
    Last edited by ADDLED; 13th July 2021, 18:19:PM. Reason: Edited to add further info, highlighted in bold italics.
    Tags: None

You have need to contact proper channel of authority with valuable documents

Comment

Telling someone there is an outstanding invoice without going into details is not a data breach.

Comment

Contact the Information Commissioners Office (check with them), the outstanding invoice is in effect a debt, talking about a persons debt isn't great, if a debt collection agency mentioned the word 'debt' to your neighbors, you wouldn't be 'thrilled'.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
          Contact the Information Commissioners Office (check with them), the outstanding invoice is in effect a debt, talking about a persons debt isn't great, if a debt collection agency mentioned the word 'debt' to your neighbors, you wouldn't be 'thrilled'.
          Even if the word 'Debt' was mentioned it's still not a data breach, my ID card says Debt Collector.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post

Even if the word 'Debt' was mentioned it's still not a data breach, my ID card says Debt Collector.
            That's a totally different thing altogether, you are making known to everyone what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post

I'd be more confident in your opinion if your ID card said "Barrister"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X