• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court claim letter over parking fines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court claim letter over parking fines

County Court claim letter over parking fines

Hi everyone, first time poster in urgent need of advice and/or help!

I've received a 'claim form' from Northampton County Court Business Centre over an unpaid parking fine . This has come from xxx xxxx LLP they sent me letters in the post which I didn't see until late as I was at university and they were sent to my home address.

They are asking for a lot of money.

I would really appreciate some advice as to what to do here, as, after reading through the forums, they are quite confusing and complex.

I think I have grounds to appeal because the signs were poorly lit and so therefore I didn't know I entered into a contract that they claim I entered into. As soon as I saw the parking ticket the next day when I woke up to go to the car I moved it immediately.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Jack83; 4th July 2021, 17:27:PM. Reason: Made it vaguer
    Tags: None

So do they know the identity of the driver, yes or no?

Suggest that photos are taken of the signage at the same time after sunset, without flash, to show how invisible the signs were. Sign not readable then no contract and no breach

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      So do they know the identity of the driver, yes or no?

Suggest that photos are taken of the signage at the same time after sunset, without flash, to show how invisible the signs were. Sign not readable then no contract and no breach
      Hi,

They do not know the identity of the driver as of yet. Okay I will get that done and find some wording about the second part. Thanks

Comment

If they read this forum, and they are known to, then they have a very good idea of the identity of the driver. Edit your first post

Comment

If they read this forum, and they are known to, then they have a very good idea of the identity of the driver. Edit your first post
          How do I edit the post? I did it before but can't remember how I did it

Comment

The "Edit" button in the blue line beneath your post

Comment

The "Edit" button in the blue line beneath your post
              Done thank you

Comment

Oh no it's not! The driver drove and parked and the keeper received the notice

need copies of the PCN and signs. If not available then :

SAR to the parking company
                CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors for the PCNs and copies of the signs that reated the contract

If you can your own photos of the signs taken at the same time after sunset and without flash. Just to show they are unlit and unreadable

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X