• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dispute School Fees - received letetr of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispute School Fees - received letetr of claim

Hi There,

I am new to this forum. I hope I can get some help here regarding a dispute with my Son's old Boarding School over unpaid fees and a matter of the Deposit they are holding.
    I will try and explain my problem and I hope someone can help me or refer me to a solicitor that can help either as free of charge or for a reasonable fee as I am not working, I am a Pensioner in receipt of Pension Credits and Benefits.
    This is for my son's old boarding school fees for the 2019/2020 School year). I was unable to pay the fees due to job losses. The account was left unpaid and there was no communication or demands from the school. However, in March of this year, unknown to me, they passed the account to a debt agency. I received a letter of claim. I was never contacted. The school never attempted to contact me regarding settlement. I've managed to stop that and tried to negotiate a settlement. I disputed the amounts because the school agreed to waive the fees from January 2020 for the remaining period. At least that was my understanding from an email. After long conversations, they've reduced the bill and taken off the Spring Term fees. Summer term was nit charged as the school was in lockdown. Whilst this is all good, They won't agree to refund the Deposit they were holding and apply that to that account. We are now stuck here. I have proposed a payment plan to pay all the amount less the Deposit of 1500. But their Finance Committee have rejected this. Any ideas what I can do about this and How I can reverse this. As I don't want to go to court or have a CCJ registered against me. It will hurt my prospects of any potential consulting work. I am retired. I am on Pension Credits and it will be hard for me to make any lump sum payments. Thank you.
    Tags: None

Hi Sam53

Link posted for the information contained in the article - https://www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk/d...virus-lockdown

Comment

Thank you EHAT11. This is helpful. May I now if you have had a similar problem and what was your experience. My school is just being hard nosed.

Comment

Originally posted by sam53 View Post
        Thank you EHAT11. This is helpful. May I now if you have had a similar problem and what was your experience. My school is just being hard nosed.
        No experience at all, but other members might have experience in this area, keep an eye out for further posts, on your thread.

Comment

Thanks for that

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X