• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Water leaking from flat upstairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leaking from flat upstairs

Hi. I’m a owner of a pub. I own the building but someone has bought the flat upstairs. Their water has been leaking on us for weeks. I’ve tried everything to get a response from him as I can’t open my pub or takeaway as the water is leaking down the walls and straight through to my cellar. What steps should I take first. I own the building but he owns the flat inside the building above my pub.
    Tags: None

I presume that you have tried to contact the owner and told him of the damage. If not possible then suggest you turn off the stopcock for the property to save further damage and loss to yourself.

Comment

I’m the owner of the entire building but he bought the flat. Can I legally turn the water off to his premises? There’s a stock cock on the street and he keeps turning it back on every time we turn it off but the water runs through our cellar before it goes up to his premises. Can we put a stop cock on the pipe in our cellar to stop it from more damage and can he then legally make us pay for turning off his water? Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

Also the flat is empty. Nobody is living there. He got the mortgage under fraudulent means. He pretended the pub was a barbers so he could get the mortgage. It’s disposed to be a personal mortgage but he’s trying to rent it in a buy to let property. He didn’t buy the property from me. I bought the building and he bought the flat at the same time from the previous owner who split it up for more profit. I feel stuck. I can’t open my pub or takeaway. I’m at my wits end.

Comment

I just want to know if I have the legal right to shut the water off ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X