• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Verbal assault and slander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verbal assault and slander

Hi, I hope someone can point in the right direction as I need some advice.

Today I was disturbed by what anyone would consider to be violent pounding on my window and front door. I was dozing on the sofa and I woke up in a panic and answered the door. A neighbour who I have never previously spoken to was in an absolute rage. She started loudly screaming at me, accusing me of various things. A paedophile and a threat to women being the most loudly repeated claims.

Other people started coming out of their houses, while she continued her tirade. She looked like she was going to get physical and began squaring up as if she was going to hit me.

I'm standing there in my nightgown half asleep with at least five people watching while she continues to call me a 'pedo' and a dole cheat.

Absolutely flabbergasted.

Her boyfriend appears from the side, trying to calm her down and mouthing the words 'I'm sorry'. She continues loudly questioning me about my age, my life, my employment.

I say to her boyfriend that I'm closing the door and leaving it to him. She starts smashing her fists against my door and window again, screaming pedo and various other things.

Apologies for the rant. I don't even know if this is necessarily the correct forum to ask but you have been helpful in the past.

I want to know if I have any legal basis to take her to court. She did all of this in front of her own Amazon Ring camera. I know Amazon keep uploaded footage for 60 days and other neighbours might be willing to comment on the event.

I'm still stunned. She had so much malice in her eyes, she was having a mental breakdown and enjoying it.
    Tags: None

I would call the police. They should deal with this. It is criminal behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Scot22 View Post
      I would call the police. They should deal with this. It is criminal behaviour.
      Thanks for the reply. I've cooled down now but if it happens again I'll be filming it and the police will definitely be called.

Comment

Originally posted by WDeranged View Post

Thanks for the reply. I've cooled down now but if it happens again I'll be filming it and the police will definitely be called.
        Call the Police and report the previous incident.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X