• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Commercial Vehicle,consumer rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Vehicle,consumer rights

I bought a Ford Ranger from a second hand car dealer 2 years ago , and have just had my case thrown out of court as the consumer credit act does not cover commercial vehicles,( ITS A SHAME THAT CAB & TRADING STANDARDS DID NOT TELL ME THIS) what if anything can i do to try and get my money back,as the vehicle was sold to me in an unroadworthy condition,and not fit for purpose.As the vehicle was completely rusted out and in a very dangerous condition i started by contacting the seller, but with no replys,so the only way was to go to court
    Tags: None

Did you buy it using a business identity?

As a business the CRA does not apply, the word being Consumer, and if you claimed using that then yes it would be thrown out. Just the fact that it was in unroadworthy condition should be suffice.

Comment

How do i go about finding out what to do next

Comment

To give any meaningful advice we need to have full details:

Did you buy it as a consumer or for business purposes?
        If for business, what is your business?

Price paid, vehicle mileage on delivery

Purchased with finance, so with whom?

Did you make a section 75 claim against the finance company?

Can you post up your particulars of claim and their defence?

Do you have a copy of the judgment and did you request leave to appeal?

Comment

i bought thevehicle for business purposes, my business is building contractor,i paid €4,983.00,& the mileage was 122729,i paid by bank transfer,with no finance.
          i claimed under the c.r.a , but was not told that this does not cover commercial vehicles,& the case was dismissed,i have no copy of the judgement,& as i live in france the cra can not help me due to brexit

Comment

CRA does not exclude commercial vehicles
            However it was the definition of consumer that was your undoing "Consumer means an individual acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession"

If you purchased the vehicle in France do the French not have consumer protection laws, along with the rest of EU?
            Perhaps " la Code de la Consommation"
            or Articles L.441-6 & L441-7 of the French Commercial Code might give you some help.
            Get local legal advice & good luck

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X