• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Builder's Threat of Debt Collector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builder's Threat of Debt Collector

Hello,

I need some help as I had hired a builder to carry out some refurbishment at my new house we agreed scope of work and he assured us good quality work etc. We agreed payment plan and it was agreed that 40% of payment will be paid on completion. He has not completed all the tasks as per the his agreed scope of work and the work is substandard as well. For example paint on woodwork is not finished, number of downlights and sockets are not same as we agreed, removed our extractor hood without permission and claimed it wasn't working when it is still working, plastering not completed and the substandard jobs include flooring, bathroom work to name a few. Now, he has disappeared and asking us to pay the invoice or he will call the debt collector. I have no intention to hold the money and have told him to put things right but not sure what my rights are as a consumer. If you can suggest anything positive then it will help.
    Tags: None

Read Consumer Rights Act 2015 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...ntents/enacted

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act-aKJYx8n5KiSl

So all the debt collectors can do is write letter with lots of red ink.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X