• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disputing parking fines and need help with Contract Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disputing parking fines and need help with Contract Law

I have been disputing two parking fines since September 2019 on the grounds of inadequate signage and have now received court claim forms. From previous documentation the solicitors have sent me, there was the original contract between the landowners and the parking company.

I wrote to the landowners for them to intervene, only to have my mail returned, due to no longer being located at the address. I have since discovered that the company signing the contract has merged with another company, to form an entirely new company many years ago. Does this make the contract null and void, as they are no longer the landowners?

Thanks for any help you can supply me with.
    Tags: None

Who is the claimant on the claim form?

Who issued the ticket?

What was the date of the original contract between the landowners and the parking company?

When was the company merger?

Comment

So don't ignore a court claim. Acknowledge it 5 days, or shortly after that, from the issue date using the details and password on the form. Noting in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get the defence into the court.

Post up the redacted PCN's, photos of the signs.

Find out who currently owns the land from the land registry. £3

Comment

Vehicle Control Services Ltd is the Claimant and they issued the PCNs. The original contract they sent me was dated 14/11/2012 between them and Circle Anglia Housing. According to Wikipedia, Affinity Sutton merged with Circle Housing Group in 2016 and formed Clarion Housing Group.

According to Land Registry the freeholder is Clarion Housing Association Ltd, as of 18th January 2018.

After checking on Companies House website, there are 2 Circle Anglia Housing PLC companies registered to the same address as Clarion, that are active.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post
          Who is the claimant on the claim form?

Who issued the ticket?

What was the date of the original contract between the landowners and the parking company?

When was the company merger?

Vehicle Control Services Ltd is the Claimant and they issued the PCNs. The original contract they sent me was dated 14/11/2012 between them and Circle Anglia Housing. According to Wikipedia, Affinity Sutton merged with Circle Housing Group in 2016 and formed Clarion Housing Group.

According to Land Registry the freeholder is Clarion Housing Association Ltd, as of 18th January 2018.

After checking on Companies House website, there are 2 Circle Anglia Housing PLC companies registered to the same address as Clarion, that are active.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            So don't ignore a court claim. Acknowledge it 5 days, or shortly after that, from the issue date using the details and password on the form. Noting in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get the defence into the court.

Post up the redacted PCN's, photos of the signs.

Find out who currently owns the land from the land registry. £3

I have completed a Certificate of Service which gives me 28 days to defend my cases.

I am unable to attach any jpegs to this post. Is there another way?

Comment

Try Adobe scan app

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post
                Try Adobe scan app
                It must have been a size issue. Would you like to see their photos or mine or both?
                Attached Files

Comment

I suggest you use companies house to investigate the companies you've mention. Some have dissolved, others have name changes. Work with the company number to see if they had contract with a company and it's the same number

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                    I suggest you use companies house to investigate the companies you've mention. Some have dissolved, others have name changes. Work with the company number to see if they had contract with a company and it's the same number
                    I've spent hours researching and have come up with......

In 2005, Anglia Housing Gp changed its name to Circle Anglia Ltd (IP2760R/27604) and was linked to Circle 33 Housing Group at the same time. Both companies have been de-registered.

In 2016, Affinity Sutton (31412R) merged with Circle 33 Housing Trust (18652R) to form Clarion Housing. Both former companies have been de-registered.

The remaining active companies are listed on Clarion's website as their funding companies - Circle Anglia Social Housing Plc was incorporated in 2007 and Circle Anglia Social Housing 2 Plc was incorporated in 2015 (so definitely not involved in this contract).

The contract I have lists no company number and it's on VCS Ltd's letterhead.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X