• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form received from County Court Business Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form received from County Court Business Centre

Hello there

We have received a claim form from the County Court Business Centre, Northampton. This is for a parking ticket received almost 2 years ago which we have always strongly denied and tried to appeal.

Our first appeal direct to OPS (One parking solution) was turned down

We were not made aware of this until almost 2 months later when we received a letter from a debt collector.

OPS claimed that they had written to us previously although no letter was ever received.

As a result by the time we were made aware of the original appeal being turned down we were too late to appeal to the independent body 'POPLA'

We are very confident that had we been given the chance to appeal to POPLA our appeal would have been successful

We have photographic evidence of inadequate signage where we were parked, there were no signs at all in the area.

We later appealed to POPLA as soon as we were aware of the original appeal being turned down but by this time we were too late and they were unable to help.

I would really appreciate any advice on filling out this defence form to be sent to the county court business centre.

Many thanks

Karen
    Tags: None

Ok im assuming that you received a notice to keeper from OPS, if so could you post it up

Secondly have you admitted to being the driver, assuming you were the driver?
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form on or shortly after day 5 from the date of issue. Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from date of issue to,get your defence to the court.

post up thecredacted PCN but leave dates. Your appeal would help.

SAR to OPS
      CPR 31.14 request to the solicitor

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X