• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DWF 1st letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWF 1st letter

I need help please

My sister and I received a DWF letter each advising we should pay a sum of £173.24 each for unpaid items. £102.53 was the amount of stolen goods which is not true at all and less value of goods recovered £79.29. we are also being charged £150 each for security costs. Are we to pay these charges and if we don't will be be taken to court. I have never been in this situation before and we are very worried of what will happen if we don't pay these charges. The store manager and security advised we pay the balance and that will be the final of this incident but yet we have received these letters demanding a payment within 14 days

Please help as we are not sure what to do, thank you very much in advance

VP
    Tags: None

What you do is absolutely nothing.
    Just ignore them completely
    Do not be tempted to answer
    You will receive a number of letters from them (copies can be read here https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...rs-rlp-and-dwf ) which you ignore.

you owe them nothing, and other than write letters they will do nothing

Comment

I'm very worried as I have never been in this situation before. So your advise is just to ignore them? Will they actually perdue further or just write letters?

Comment

RLP persuaded one of their clients to take court action once and got hit so badly they haven't tried again

Comment

Thank you very much for your response

Comment

But this is DWF, I have been reading some of the threads and seen that nothing happens but I don't want to be the unlucky person. Thank you for your help, much appreciated. I will just ignore

Comment

DWF can't do anything other than recommend the retailer takes action
              As DWF set themselves as experts it doesn't look good having to go back to the retailer and saying they failed
              Besides which they have no case to take to court. The last time a retailer tried this they lost heavily (Google "The Oxford Case" there are transcripts of the judgment on legalbeagles) and none of them have tried since.

Comment

Ok, thank you soo much

Comment

So you are happy now that things won't happen? Just save any letters you get from DWF

Comment

Most definitely, I will keep the letters safe. Thank you soo much again for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X