• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Filling in N244 form and Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Filling in N244 form and Fees

Hi ,
    I never received any directions questionnaire from Northampton county court . 2 and a half months later we get a CCJ because of this and they rejected are defence.
    I need to apply to have this set aside but the info online is telling me i have to pay £255 . Money i do not have nor do i accept paying as i have done nothing wrong.
    I have submitted a complaint via the GOV website but yet to hear anything back , emails to county court no response, phone support horrendous.
    Does anyone have any advise on what to do please
    Claim was from Lowell who still haven't provided any paperwork we have requested also

Many Thanks Terry W
    Tags: None

Originally posted by tw1998uk View Post
    Hi ,
    I never received any directions questionnaire from Northampton county court . 2 and a half months later we get a CCJ because of this and they rejected are defence.
    I need to apply to have this set aside but the info online is telling me i have to pay £255 . Money i do not have nor do i accept paying as i have done nothing wrong.
    I have submitted a complaint via the GOV website but yet to hear anything back , emails to county court no response, phone support horrendous.
    Does anyone have any advise on what to do please
    Claim was from Lowell who still haven't provided any paperwork we have requested also

Many Thanks Terry W
    Hi there

Ok well if you are fee exempt then you will be able to complete an EX107 for a fee remission.

If you are not fee exempt im afraid the Court will charge a fee if you need to use the Courts services.

Now then, technically the Court could say that it is a matter for you to download and complete the directions questionnaire, and the fact you failed to do so means that your case was struck out correctly. In my view it is a tad harsh, and i think you would have a good squeak at setting that order aside. In fact if its lowells you could make a dual application, one for setting aside the order, and two if the case relates to credit, and they need a default notice but havent pleaded one, then you could apply for summary judgment. I have a hearing today where i am hopeful lowelsl will get thrown out of court because their claim is defective.
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X