• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A little bit of advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit of advice needed

Having found this forum a little late in the day (in terms of my case) I wish I'd found it sooner.

I'm the defendant (litigant in person) in a civil case which has a Pre Trial Review this Friday and i have a couple of questions.

1. The Claimant was tasked in the Notification of Trial with issuing, preferably agreed between the parties, i) Directions ii) Chronology iii) Case Summary, three clear days prior to the PTR.

The documents have not been issued by the claimant for review/agreement between the parties. They haven't been issued to me ahead of the PTR so i am assuming that have they have not been issued to the court either.

Can somebody advise what the implications are of this not having been done is and what course of action i can take at the PTR please.

2. The claimant has issued the trial bundle ahead of the PTR even though the Bundle is not required in respect of the actual trial date for another month. They have included a statement from the claimant that was dated and issued after the date set for submittal of evidence. Can i request that the statement be excluded from the trial bundle and thus the proceedings on the basis that it was issued after the date for evidence submittal?

It may be worth noting that the claimant has legal representation.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/advice that you may be able to give
    Tags: None

The documents have not been issued by the claimant for review/agreement between the parties. They haven't been issued to me ahead of the PTR so i am assuming that have they have not been issued to the court either.

You cannot assume this, the claimant may think keeping you in the dark gives them an advantage.

Can i request that the statement be excluded from the trial bundle. Not really, it was done to gain advantage. The Court should be made aware.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post

You cannot assume this, the claimant may think keeping you in the dark gives them an advantage.

Can i request that the statement be excluded from the trial bundle. Not really, it was done to gain advantage. The Court should be made aware.
      Thanks for the advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X