• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells and mediation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells and mediation

hi. could anyone help ?
    long story short I had a catalogue with Very.
    I got into a tangle and struggled to pay having paid on time in advance for all the years since the start in 2013. My last paynent was feb 2019 when i contacted them to ask for help with my account. I got officially nowhere with that
    anyway it defaulted and then the lovely lowells got their grubby mitts on it. I have since been battling with them for all the relevant documents to prove the debt etc. It went to CC and i defended and now have mediation next week.However Lowells offered me a pretty poor settlement offer then said if i pay £100 for a tomlin plus set a payment plan they will cease the court action of a CCJ. they gave me 3 days to make a choice.I knew mediation had been requested via directions questionaire from the CC so I told them this. Today they ring me about my email and ask if i want to tell them what I want instead of mediation.I declined and said I was doing it through the CC as they hsd taken that route I told her the date of mediation she said she would update records.
    So now Im thinking have I got all the right paperwork ? Is the debt even valid as it was taken out in 2013.....
    what do I offer them to stop the CCJ if it comes to that.... I thought about telling them they could have what they paid for the debt which is considerably less than the actual balance, if its true that DCAS onlyn pay a small percentage of the actual debt cost.
    The paperwork I have is as follows
    A printout of the credit agreement with my name on
    a standard eurpeon consumer credit information sheet
    statements
    and a computer screen shot saying default notice sent with a date
    They also note in their letter to me that there is record of me asking Very for help due to financial issues and they forwarded me to their arrears support team. I already mentioned they were less than helpful. Ring stepchange was the advice.
    anyway
    thats where I am at so any help would be massively appreciated.
    It says in their letter they will accept £950 as a final settlement ( which I dont have) plus £100 for a tomlin at my cost. or their client is willing to accept "a reasonable offer in full or payment plan form.

losing the will now with this
    hope I have made it clear whats happening if not.let me know If i need to give more info
    cheers
    lozza
    Tags: None

I don't know anything about it unfortunately, it would be useful for me personally to know how to act in such a situation

Comment

You list the paperwork you have. Is that what Lowell sent you?

Did you at any point send a cca request to Lowell?

Have you git a copy of the default notice?

Have you got for, ir asked for the notice of assignment (and the deed).

A lot will depend on what your actually defence states

Comment

HI sorry I forgot to update my post.
        I had mediation through the smalls claims court with Lowells. They had send me CCA/default etc so felt I had no choice. Negociated and got the debt from £1500 to £750 paid at £10 a month. I started by saying they could have a third and it would be done in 12months but they refused so i went to a fifth. Still refused. They would not budge on anything lower than £750. Its not a win but its the first time Ive ever had to negociate with a DCA and at least now its sorted and no CCJ as long as I make my payments. Maybe in a few months they might write it off...... I can dream lol thanks for taking time to read my post and any help issued I really appreciate.

Comment

Sorry to hear you had to settle but glad it was for half and less than they originally wanted

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X