• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP! - Getting shafted by Lex Autolease/Landrover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! - Getting shafted by Lex Autolease/Landrover

HI - looking for advice on how best to recover money from either Lex Autolease, or Landrover, for repairs that had to be made to a lease Range Rover Evoque in order to hand it back - repairs that were due to manufacturing defects/faulty parts. I think Lex are in breach of contract by leasing a vehicle not fit for purpose, and also now for not having responded to our complaint within the required timescales. However, we were put in a position where we would be in breach of contract had we not handed the vehicle back in a drivable condition.

For clarity, the repairs were for a faulty flywheel failing and shredding the clutch, and for a windscreen that leaked - both faults are all over the internet, in Evoque forum groups, as being very common for this vehicle.

Can anyone advise?
    Tags: None

Did you enter into the contract as a consumer or a business?

The fact that there might be a problem with certain parts does not automatically mean your vehicle was also faulty. You would still need to evidence that and a court would not accept your wording as is.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

ROB - it was a consumer lease...

Autoglass have given me photos to show the windscreen wasn't bonded correctly. They've replaced thousands from this model. I have a Range Rover memo (albeit American) that shows a failure rate of 12% for their windscreens. My repair garage have stated that the flywheel failed, and caused the clutch failure - at only 32K miles. A clutch should not fail at this mileage. Absolutely not caused by driving style. The car has hill start assist and an automatic handbrake - there is no reason to ride the clutch in a vehicle like this.

I was advised that I should deal with the lease company regarding these issues - they never came back to us. Never returned emails. Never returned calls - this went on for months. They've broken their code of conduct with the BVRLA (governing body for lease/rental of vehicles). And also the code of conduct for the Financial Ombudsman. They are in breach of contract.

I'd have been inclined to give them the car back at end of lease as is, but the lease (in my wife's name) states it must be returned in a drivable condition. As such, we have been unduly penalised by the contract terms in making a vehicle, that wasn't fit for purpose, drivable for collection at the end of the lease.

I'm seeking recovery of the costs of the repairs, and a refund of 3 months of lease payments - a period, during which we had no use of the vehicle.

Thoughts?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X