• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrongly issued CCJ ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongly issued CCJ ?

I recently received a Court claim relating to a credit card company who I was in dispute with. I responded to the court with my defence This was duly accepted by the court. I was then offered Mediation to arrive at a settlement with the creditor - avoiding costly court time. The forms for mediation were received dated 18th January with a return date of 4th February 2021. On 21st I received a CCJ from Northampton dated 20th January. Clearly there is something seriously amiss. I would ask can I now counter claim for the cost of setting aside and costs associated with devaluation of my credit rating
    Tags: None

Is there any other forms that have not been returned, such as the directions questionnaire?

Call the court and ask what happened. This is the second time I've heard of something similar to this happening this year

Comment

All forms are up to date and correct procedures have been followed. I am really annoyed that I have received a CCJ . I will speak with the court tomorrow to establish how this mistake has occurred. What recompense can I expect. I certainly don’t feel I should be paying £255 to have the judgement set aside. If the Court has made the mistake - which I think is the case - I expect them to cancel the judgement without any further action. I can then proceed with the mediation as originally planned

Comment

Can you login online and see what is happening?

Comment

Sorry, I’m not familiar with that process . Is that the court login?

Comment

The details and password on the claim form?

Comment

Thank you. I’ve now accessed the current online status. It says
              DQ received by the court 18/01/21.
              DQ sent to defendant 18/1/21.
              Judgement issued 20/1/21.

I received the DQ on 21/01/21 with a return date of 04/02/21 So not returned as yet. The offer of mediation was made by the court which I am willing to accept . However, this option has been circumvented. What recourse do I have?

Comment

Yes, get on to the court to ask what is happening.

Comment

Thank you. I will update as soon as I have spoken with the court. BTW has anyone else experienced this situation?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X