• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Outstanding finance on car and an irreparable engine!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outstanding finance on car and an irreparable engine!

Hi all,

Two years ago my husband and i bought a 2012 1.0 Ford Focus EcoBoost. At the time of researching our purchase we discovered the EcoBoost engine had a recall, we checked with Ford that the car we were considering was okay, our minds were put to rest that this was a good purchase because the field service action recall didn't include our car.

1.5 years we experienced a leaky coolant hose. This was replaced and paid for by us. Suddenly a few days ago the engine oil light came on and flashed red. We had the car recovered to ford who have come back and said the car needs a new engine and turbo. They have quoted us over 5k. We paid 6k for the car!!

The car has been looked after on our part, having had full services with the manufacturer and all repairs to coolant hose was done my Ford.

We are now without a car, have 3 years left on finance and quiet simply don't know what to do or how to go about it properly.

Any advice would be so gratefully recieved.
    Tags: None

Duplicate post

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I asked the service desk for a report to be emailed to me and this was what i got!

Attached Files

Comment

To me that's not a report. And the word suspect isn't sure enough of the issue when happy to ring customers with in excess of a 5k repair bill!!

Comment

no way is that a report just an observation without substance, get an independent report it cost but AA etc do them?? or do as I would do get on line for a 2nd hand engine from scrap yard, then get a small local garage to assemble/fit as you loose all round if not careful?

Comment

Agree that is nit a report following an investigation.
            IF the damage has been caused by low oil pressure what caused low oil pressure?
            If it was due lack of oil following lack of maintenance that could be your fault,, but you say it was fully maintained.
            So that leaves either a sudden loss of oil (but no mention of that) or an internal engine failure (oil pump failure?)
            If the above musings are correct you could reject the vehicle on the basis it was not of satisfactory quality when purchased as you could expect it to last longer than a couple of years.
            However to prove that you will need an independent engineers report as per MIKE770 and will be negotiating for a fair refund or repair and even end up in court.

Comment

The car was well maintained in the 2 years we've had it, we've only ever taken it to the ford dealership. It had a full service in August by them. I did check the oil on the car before having it recovered and the level was fine.

I have read up about seeking to terminate the finance, the page i read mentioned the finance company would investigate the claim we are making by sending out an engineer to look at the vehicle. Would it still be advisable that we get our own inspection done?

Comment

We really appreciate the replies, this is a nightmare situation for us as we are now without a car and still needing to get to work it's not the best start to 2021.

Comment

The finance company will be looking after their own interests, not yours!
                  I would be obtaining my own independent report such as supplied by DEKRA (there are other organisations) Engineer's Report - DEKRA Automotive - National vehicle inspections for the UK (dekra-expert.co.uk)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X