• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defence for court claim/prking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence for court claim/prking fine

Hi Everyone,
    I would appreciate if I could have some help with my situation.
    I previously received a fine dates from a year ago for breach of terms of a private parking I decided to ignore it (wrong move) but I received Court Claim and need to prepare my defence because clearly I totally reject the claim.
    the situation is as follow I went with my husband to a drive trough KFC We placed our order and paid for it however the order had missing item and the person at the window kindly asked to park at the collection point and wait for our order which is what we did. From what I remember of that day is that it took a good 15 min to get our order but it finally arrived and we left the parking. So now apparently they are claiming that we had a breach of the TC which can only be what happened as described above . If they would look at the cctv they could see the whole scene. Moreover I was not the driver but I am the registered keeper so I previously read on this site that it could also be a point to challenge the fine.
    i would really much appreciate any sort of help on what to write for my defence letter to send back to the court.
    thanks in advance for your help!
    Sab
    Tags: None

You acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form this gives you the lesser of 28 days from acknowledgment or 33 days from the date of issue.

Have you got the original notice to post up a redacted copy but leave dates.

It's not a fine, it's a sum agreed is due for an alleged breach of conditions.

If they comply fully with the requirements of POFA then the keeper can be held liable for the action of the driver.

POFA: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...dule/4/enacted

It's not CCTV as such and it is purely designed to capture number plates

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X