• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello Beagles - Hoping you can help to sniff a way forward.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Beagles - Hoping you can help to sniff a way forward.

How lucky to stumble upon your forum. I'm in a real quandry about how to complete the last couple of steps in my role as an executor, where my co-executor has stopped responding to emails, texts, letters, messages and phone calls. Everything is done barring the drawing up of estate accounts and distribution of funds. I have Eleven other beneficiaries putting me under pressure to just sign things off and issue payments without reference to him, but I don't think that is correct.
    Tags: None

You need to contact your co-executor.

I'd suggest that you remind him that as executor, he has legal responsibilities to act in the best interests of the estate, and that refusing to sign cheques and to deal with outstanding issues is delaying the final distribution of the estate and is not in the best interests of the estate or beneficiaries.

Perhaps finally a firm but polite letter sent by Recorded Delivery asking him to cooperate or face court action under section 50 of the Administration of Justice Act 1985. might bring him to his senses
    This is a last resort viewing the potential for high costs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X