• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine

Hello
    I have a parking fine by “parking eye”. I was not the driver of the car and they first wrote to the lease company who then passed on my details to them.
    first question, am I by law required to give them information on who was driving the car ?
    secondly, with GDPR, is the leasing company breaching the rules without asking my permission?
    many thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

It's not a fine, it's an invoice.

There is no requirement to identify the driver.

The lease company are permitted to give your details under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012

Perhaps post some images that are readable? Use a hosting site such as imgur and post the link to the image on here.

With the notice addressed to you did you get copies of the lease agreement and the original notice to the lease company?

Comment

No I only received the parking charge notice. I was I formed by the lease company they had received a fine/notice and they had given them my details, and then charged me £15 for the pleasure of informing me.

Comment

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

I was not the driver at the time and as there is no legal requirement to identify the driver I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

Send so that it is received on day 19 after the date on their letter so that they don't have the chance to correct and resend within the relevant period.

First class post with free certificate of posting from a post office.

They will probably reject but the appeal to POPLA should be successful
        Last edited by ostell; 14th December 2020, 15:43:PM.

Comment

Thank you so much !

Comment

Slight change to the appeal

Comment

Hi, I have now received a reply from Parking Eye, warning me that if I don’t inform them who was driving, they will hold me responsible for the parking charge.
              what is the next step please ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Could you post up the Notice to Hirer again please in readable format. Just to check the wording.

You will be writing back to them pointing out that they have failed to comply with the requirements of POFA and you were not driving then you have absolutely no liability to them.

Post up the Notice to Hirer in a readable form please as I suspect there are other POFA fails.

Could be interesting at POPLA

Comment

Hi, I’m sorry for the delay in getting this to you- not been a good start to the year unfortunately!
                  Fingers crossed you’re able to vie this ?
                  many thanks in advance
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ostel,
                    please can you take a look at the reply from Parking Eye and let me know your thoughts on how to proceed please?

Comment

You tell them that they have not complied with POFA, as detailed in your appeal, and therefore there can be no liability

you didn't give another readable copy of the NTH

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X