• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CPS Prosecution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPS Prosecution

Hi, I'm new to this site and I'm not sure if this is a suitable question to ask but here goes...

I'll give some brief information on the background to try help put the situation into context. My parents have been happily married for 40+ years. I have a sister who is a single mum to two children and has been struggling with mental illness for over 15 years, The mental illness has put a huge stress on my parents and their relationship, more so recently due to the covid restrictions.

Around a month ago my sister relapsed. This put further stress on my Mum and Dad. Around a month ago, after provoking each other, a drunk argument got quickly out and hand and became physical. My Mum dialled the police unknowingly to my Dad as she became scared and the police heard and recorded everything that my Dad had said to her, including threats to her life. Thankfully no-one was hurt and has ever been hurt!

When the police arrived my Mother was very emotional and gave a verbal statement which was recorded on the Police' body cam. My Dad, was arrested, held over night and released on bail. There is a court date in April and until this date he now cannot see or contact my Mum.

Now things have calmed down, my sister has now gone into a rehabilitation centre where she will hopefully get the help she needs. My mum is distraught that my dad could potentially be going to jail.

It is not my mum that is pressing charges, it is the CPS. Earlier this week, my mum emailed the CPS requesting them to drop the charges. As yet, she has not received a response.

I'm hoping for some advise of what we can do (if anything), for the CPS to drop charges.

I understand domestic abuse is not to be taken lightly, but my Dad has never hurt anyone, been a fantastic father and acted out of character when he was drunk and provoked.

Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X