• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax AOE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Tax AOE

Hi Everyone I have arrears on my Council tax for this year and 2 previous

I've received 2 Attachment of Earnings by post and they are taking payments from my next wage slip for BOTH

I've called today to try and reason and ask them to take sequentially rather than together and they are having none of it - as I'm behind this year

Is there anything I can do? My wife hasn't been working since March so our income is already down

tia
    Tags: None

Unfortunately you are finding out the hard way what they can do. You could try approaching your local Councillor(s) to see if they can help.

Comment

Thanks, I've lodged a complaint first see what happens

Comment

Here's an example of what they may take https://www.northampton.gov.uk/info/...nt-of-earnings each Council works to similar guidelines and as you have 2 orders then the 2nd order is usually taken at a lower rate until the first is paid off. You will need to ensure they are using correct figures - there are quite a few calculators available mainly on Council websites.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X