• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Join Mortgage - Separated and now a huge problem! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join Mortgage - Separated and now a huge problem! Help!

Hi,

I am just after a bit of advice from anyone really about what we can do in our current situation.
    Myself and my ex parter of 10 years purchased a house in 2014 only for me to find out he had been cheating for the best part of a year and we separated in 2015. His name was still on our mortgage and currently still is, he walked away totally from the house, said he wanted nothing to do with it and has not paid a penny since. We have now received a letter from a solicitor under his instruction saying we have until February to either remove his name or after this the house will be put on the market. This will essentially make me, my new parter and 2 children homeless.

Due to Covid and everything that’s happened this year my partners hours have been cut at his place of work and he is only doing half the hours he usually would, and I am currently not working for the first time since I was 15 due to my health. Our money situation is not great. It will cost us to start the process to remove his name from the mortgage, which is something we don’t have, and I am doubtful the mortgage company would allow me and my parter to take over the mortgage given our current circumstances.

I suppose what I really want to know is, after everything he put me though shouldn’t he be the one to pay the mortgage company to remove his name and not me? And also can he really make us sell after all time and potentially make us all homeless?

Also, should I write to his solicitor myself and explain the situation as I have above? As we are definitely not in a position to pay for a solicitor.

Please any advice at all would really help.

Thankyou!

Tags: None

Duplicate thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X