• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax Credit Card - Robinson Way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax Credit Card - Robinson Way

Hello,

I would appreciate some help with my issue.

I took out a Halifax Mastercard via an online application in February 2016.

I began missing payments and the account was defaulted.

The outstanding amount is £1,099.83.

On 6th January 2020, Robinson Way wrote to me with an offer of a 15% discount.

On 28th January 2020, I sent them a CCA request, not having a clue why they’d written to me.

On 8th March 2020, they responded with a letter informing they had not heard back from Halifax so were temporarily stopping action on the account.

On 6th April 2020, they sent a letter stating the account is unenforceable as they were “not able to provide all details specific to my dispute”.

They then sent a couple of letters in late April and May requesting a payment plan to be set up.
    I did not respond.

Since January 2020, Robinson Way have been calling my landline literally every weekday and even some Saturdays.
    (I have never answered but I googled the two different numbers they call from and found it was them).
    In early September 2020, my husband answered their phone call and took a message for me to call them.
    My husband googled the company name and was rather unhappy that a debt collector was calling me having no idea that I have such an issue.

On 9th September 2020, I emailed Robinson Way with a complaint essentially saying that they should not be contacting me whatsoever if the account is unenforceable and if they wish to contact me, only do so via email.

On 3rd October 2020, Robinson Way wrote to me with a reconstituted copy of the original agreement.
    They also said they’d “continue to actively pursue collection of the outstanding balance” by writing to me or calling me on the phone even though I expressly requested that they didn’t.
    Wish I’d never got in touch with them!

I would like to know whether I can complain to the Financial Ombudsman or someone about them still looking to contact me which incidentally they haven’t since that letter on 3rd October 2020.
    Also, they say that “under the Consumer Credit Act, a reconstituted copy may be provided” – can someone explain this please?

Many thanks,

Ella
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X