• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judgment set aside over 11 months ago and no hearing set, legal options?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judgment set aside over 11 months ago and no hearing set, legal options?

I found out that Cabot Financial obtained a CCJ against me at an old address. I was unaware of the CCJ it only came to light when I tried to apply for a mortgage. I applied to have the CCJ set aside on the grounds that I had updated Cabot with my new address in Austalia (as I had moved abroad) and that the claim form was served on the wrong address.

Cabot defended the application, in the witness statement, they said they had no record of me ever updating them on the new address and requested that the application be struck out.
    During the court hearing, the judge asked me to provide evidence that I had updated my address with Cabot. I played the judge a recording of a telephone conversation I obtained from Cabot via a SAR which you can clearly hear me update the advisor on my new address (the solicitor acting on behalf of Cabot look a little gobsmacked) and the judgment was set aside.

This all happened 11 months ago and I hadn't heard anything from Cabot or the court so I phoned the court who informed me that Cabot had made 2 applications for summary judgment both were struck out and that no hearing date was set with the last application by Cabot made over 4 months ago.

My question is can I make an application to have the whole claim struck out? or summary judgment in my favor? do I have any options other than waiting? It's taking so long I just want it gone.

Tags: None

well the court does nor want to hear it, cabot (their solicitors) have a problem, they must be racking the bottom and wasting court time .. just sit tight bet they give up if not then they may be in trouble

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X