• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination Car Finance Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination Car Finance Help!

Hi guys, currently applying to Voluntary Terminate my HP car finance. Finance company have agreed that I have passed the half way mark and that I may exercise my right to VT. When on the phone, the guy told me of charges that will be applied upon inspection of the car. These included £45 for kerbed wheel damage, and £300 per missing service stamp in the service book among others which sounds ludicrous!
    We have had servicing done by a family member and haven’t had the book stamped in the 2.5 years that we’ve owned the car.
    Has anyone on the forum handed a car back without a complete service history and what was your outcome? Apart from this, our car is in as good a condition as when we first bought it.
    Finance is through Motonovo.
    Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Its all to add extra charges to your account, Did you take photos of your car before you handed it back ? Did you have a report from the Collection company / Inspector? How old is the car ?

"Anything above general wear and tear is seen as excessive damage. As long as there is no damage to the car and you pay back 50% of the Total Amount Payable, then there should be nothing left for you to pay."

The only thing that they have you on is the wheel if it really is badly damaged. The service thing is BS.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X