• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

mis sold van

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mis sold van

Hi Im looking for some advice. I bought a van on the 08/07/2020 for my business. I had seen it advertised on a facebook ad. Conveniently I cant now found this. I was told the van was working. I paid £3100 for a Vauxhall Vivaro 58 reg. When I drove away for the show room immediately the engine management light came on. I went to my local garage and there was 5 faults on the van. I took the van back to the merchant and he would not accept it and refused to give me a refund. I never received any warranty on the van at all and he had sneakily put the van was sold as spares and repairs on the invoice. Can anyone help me on where I stand with this? Surely any van sold should have some warranty? And why would I buy an old van for £3100 for spares and repairs??
    Tags: None

if within 30 days get refund sure this is still the same , so within 30 days? as it is now 4 months later you question it?

You have a right to reject something faulty and you are entitled to a full refund within 30 days of purchase in most cases. After 30 days you lose the short-term right to reject the goods. You'll also have fewer rights, such as only being able to ask for a repair or replacement, or a partial refund.

The Consumer Rights Act provides both buyers and traders with clear guidance than the old Sale of Goods Act. It makes clear that there are obligations on both sides.

The Act covers both your short-term right to reject (which lasts for 30 days after you purchase a new or used car from a dealer) and your final right to reject (which extends for the first six months of ownership).

Comment

Hi Ive just registered now. I did try and take the van back for a refund but the merchant refused. You mentioned 6 months right to reject? How do I move forward. Do I go back to the merchant or do I need to seek legal advice?

Comment

Doesn't all cars come with a 3 months warranty wether new or used?

Comment

30 days to reject not 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by Log Cabins View Post
            Doesn't all cars come with a 3 months warranty wether new or used?
            Depends on what was agreed on bill of sale after 30 days they are required to repair but not refund unless they were nice within 6 months
            I
            so did you contact them straight away when the other garage found faults within days or after 30 days requesting refund?

decades ago a main agent tested a 2nd hand Austin car i bought and found 52 faults so they forced sub agents to repairer the lot, it was in a village and poured with rain all day the garage refused to allow me to wait in waiting room! spent 3 hours in a pub on coffee and lunch and got soaked the rest of time.

Comment

Know Your Consumer Rights - Consumer Rights Act 2015 Info

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post

Depends on what was agreed on bill of sale after 30 days they are required to repair but not refund unless they were nice within 6 months
                I
                so did you contact them straight away when the other garage found faults within days or after 30 days requesting refund?

decades ago a main agent tested a 2nd hand Austin car i bought and found 52 faults so they forced sub agents to repairer the lot, it was in a village and poured with rain all day the garage refused to allow me to wait in waiting room! spent 3 hours in a pub on coffee and lunch and got soaked the rest of time.
                Hope you did not partake in too much fall down water.

Comment

no but made a change to have a drink mid day

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X