• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Startline Motor Finance court claim despite us repeatedly attempting to pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startline Motor Finance court claim despite us repeatedly attempting to pay

Hi, hopefully someone can help with this. My oh took out car finance with startline motor finance for a 2010 fiesta. Hp agreement was for just over £6000 and we have paid over £4000. Startline stopped taking payments earlier this year and when my oh noticed & queried this, they stated that there systems updated and cancelled the DD. Since then they have decided that we are not paying them despite us repeatedly trying to and after passing our account to recoveries (we filled in and sent back all appropriate means forms etc to show willing to pay) they have now sent court order forms to recover the vehicle. We have never tried to avoid paying, in fact paid double for a long while to get it paid off quicker. They have essentially refused payment. My question is, on the court forms do we dispute their case or do we partially accept the claim amount but detail the issues that we have had with startline setting up payments etc? It seems like they are just hell bent on getting the car back which I dont understand considering we are only £230 in arrears and this is due to them. We have no problem paying this but they just wont accept it and I dont want to lose the car having paid so much already. Seriously dodgy company!
    Tags: None

Duplicate thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X