• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

scholarship problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scholarship problems

I am unsure if this is the correct section of the forum to post this, fingers crossed it is!

I recently applied for a teaching scholarship. I did the interview and it went well. At the end of the interview, I was told by one of the interviewers that "the only reason you won't get the scholarship is because of the course you are doing." Apparently, there was some confusion as to whether I would get funding due to the course I had undertaken. Anyway, I had it confirmed the next day that the course was indeed eligible for the scholarship. I call up the scholarship organisation to inform them of this, but was told that I had failed the interview anyway! Despite my protests that I had been offered the scholarship on the condition that my course was eligible, do I have a claim for maybe breach of contract (or something else). I have gone through the organisation's entire complaints procedure but I am being blackballed and now I have no other option other than to take legal action. The interviewer who said the above to me has denied making the comment. This has frustrated me even more as I am now being made out to be a liar. I believe my only option is to let a judge to decide. Can anyone offer me some advice, please?
    Tags: None

I will put back to the Welcome forum as it is not really an employment issue.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I don't think you have any evidence to justify taking it further.

Comment

Originally posted by Scot22 View Post
        I don't think you have any evidence to justify taking it further.
        Is there not even a potential breach of contract here? Is it not the same as saying an employer offering a job to a person in an interview and later rescinding the offer because they decided that the person did not perform well enough?

Comment

I am not an expert but I do not think what was said amounted to a formal offer. One wonders why they bothered with the interview though if they thought your course was not eligible?

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
            I am not an expert but I do not think what was said amounted to a formal offer. One wonders why they bothered with the interview though if they thought your course was not eligible?
            True.

Comment

I agree. The process seems to have been pointless. Does the organisation have a complaints procedure ? When I interviewed as a university tutor all decisions were subject to a complaints/appeals policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scot22 View Post
                I agree. The process seems to have been pointless. Does the organisation have a complaints procedure ? When I interviewed as a university tutor all decisions were subject to a complaints/appeals policy.
                went through the entire complaints process and found no wrongdoing! It feels so wrong.

Comment

Was the complaints process correctly followed ?
                  If it was then you would, in my opinion, have little chance of success pursuing it.
                  Yes, it does appear unfair.
                  Unfortunately all I can add is not to let it affect any more of your time. Sorry.

Comment

I just wonder if there are any similarities between this and a job offer that is made at an interview and is later rescinded.

Comment

From what you have said no offer was made. There was only an implication from just one on a panel. He would have no individual authority to make an offer.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X