• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary police after unsuccessful suicide attempt using drug taken from work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary police after unsuccessful suicide attempt using drug taken from work

I work in a hospital. Whilst discarding an empty vial into a waste bin, I noticed a syringe containing a controlled anaesthetic drug. I’ve been under a lot of pressure, and in that moment decided to administer it. I was found unrousable in a bathroom. I woke up and felt scared and ashamed so I just ran out of the hospital.

The pharmacy department report these events to the police. I got a call from the police a few days back for a voluntary interview.

From what I understand, they are trying to charge me for theft. Will I get a criminal record for this?
    Tags: None

I would explain your situation to the hospital and ask for help. They should support you.
    I would explain to the police and hopefully they will only caution you.
    Take care of your personal wellbeing. If the pressure is work related your employer does have a duty of care. Best wishes.

Comment

I think you need answer the obvious general questions. How did you know what was in a syringe? Are they not unlabeled. How do you know that the syringe was not used? Risk of contamination, HIV. Why are sharps sharing a bin with vials?

In all honesty your story is hard to believe but I wasn't there. My personal opinion (with no legal or practical experience).... If you did steal it, just come clean. First time offence, good chance of slap on wrist if you follow their instruction (AKA seek professional help). It's a slap on the wrist as you've not wasted their time. Find a new job preferably not with drug access.

Comment

If you are going to the police on a voluntary basis TAKE A SOLICITOR WITH YOU

If you can't afford your own, request the duty solicitor be there.
        That is your right and is free
        The police aren't necessarily your friends in this instance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X